Although we aren’t completely at the end of the year, for us the season 2012 is over. It was our first real year in the world of the hospitality business and we must say we have learned a lot. Our guests and the interaction with them were great and we want to thank everyone who has supported us in many ways, or who ‘just’ visited us. Of course we also had quite some challenges as well but that’s logical as a start-up….
So business wise how did we do? Just almost beyond believe I guess:
- almost 3 times as much nights booked as budgeted
- the average nights guests stayed were twice the number we thought they would be
- an nice diversity in our guests in terms of age and
- coming from 19 (!) different countries
- we ranked highest on Booking.com and Tripadvisor in Andalusia based on guest reviews
It will be quite a challenge to beat that in 2013 but there are still somethings to improve, as there always are. However we have become fascinated by the idea that it’s really achievable to make two small improvements in a week and by the end of the year, making it over a hundred a year.
The winter period will be used by us to do some maintenance, develop new ideas to be of even better service to future guests and of course relax a bit with friends and family, who we didn’t see enough throughout the year. In March we will be open again and the first bookings have come in, interest in a stay? Just follow this link.
We wish all of you a Feliz Navidad and a Prospero Año Nuevo with the warmest regards from the three of us.